Friday, July 19, 2013

The Gables - in Marysville

After going to the previous nursing home several times I just wasn't feeling comfortable with the set up so I did some checking around and contacted the activities coordinator at The Gables here in Marysville. My contact person was Leah, and she was wonderful. I took Cash today for her visit.  We were greeted right away at least Cash was I was just a person attached to her leash. Leah took us around an introduced us to a lot of the patients and I was so impress that she knew which ones liked dogs and what kind of pets they had. She also seemed to know who would benefit the most from longer visits and who liked to just look at the dog from a distance. We even got to wander in to the activity hall and hang out for a round of Bingo. Who knew people got so excited for Bingo. Everyone seemed to enjoy Cash's company and she got lots of attention. When we were finishing up to leave I could tell Cash was getting tired. There was a resident sitting on a couch in the hallway and Cash went right over to her and laid down at her feet and just stretched out. The patients face just lit up and she was so excited. What a perfect way to end her first visit. I can't wait until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment