Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My family

Let me start by introducing myself and my family

I am a Veterinary Technician and also a photographer so you will see lots of pictures of my pooches. I have 3 black dogs, 2 are registered Labradors and one is a lab mix. Avery is the oldest , she was about 2 years old when she came into our lives. A client of the vet clinic where I work found her running down a busy road and didn't want her to get hit by a car so they brought her to us. Upon exam we discovered she was having trouble breathing and was very pale with a swollen face and ears. The exam revealed a cable embedded into her neck constricting blood flow and making it hard for her to breath. We quickly sedated her and removed the cable and re hydrated her. Once she was recovered and no one came to claim her I brought her home and have been in love with her every since.

The second lab to enter our lives was Cash , she was 7 months old at the time. And she has made me laugh every day since she came to live with us.  Cash was suppose to be my husbands hunting lab but she was more interested in playing with corn cobs and sleeping than retrieving birds. She is a lazy girl but a sweet heart so I quickly claimed her as my dog and started working with her to be a Therapy Dog.  She passed her TDI test with flying colors and now goes on visits to nursing homes. She also became a Dog Scout in May. We are hoping to go to dog scout camp next year so we can earn some merit badges. What can I say I am a dog mom.

The third black lab is Tank. We got him in November 2012 and he is a hunter through and through. Dave loves to hunt duck and geese with him. He is a hunting machine. He also has his junior hunt title and is working on his senior hunt title. My husband is going to breed him once he gets his senior hunt title or maybe his master title. I have never had an intact male dog in the house but Tank is great. He is so well behaved and although he is crazy when it comes to hunting he also knows how to relax around the house.

I love coming home everyday from work to spend time with my dogs and my husband and I try to get them out hiking, walking and swimming as much as we can. Our dogs are our lives and here are some of there adventures. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment